For our re-purposing project today we made a little game/activity container. Â This can be used for babies as a shaker or a game to fit the pieces into the hole or for a toddler/pre-school child to learn the letters in their name and put them in order. Â Here is how we did it.
1. Remove the label from a plastic frosting container and cut a small rectangular hole in the lid. Â
2. Cut letters and pictures from magazines (we chose pictures that the particular child would be interested in). Â
3. Choose and wash lids for the game pieces (I used larger juice bottle lids for the baby so that it would not be a choking hazard and smaller milk jug lids for the older child).
4. Decoupage the pictures onto the frosting container (you can use ModgePodge or just Elmers glue and a small paint brush).
5. Decoupage the letters of the child’s name onto each plastic lid. Â